What’s the secret to good employee relations?
Your company’s most important resource isn’t time or money – it’s your employees! By nurturing this precious resource through an effective employee relations strategy, you can ensure that employee productivity and satisfaction aren’t derailed by poor management, unnecessary conflict, disciplinary issues, or harassment.
Foundation is key: Cultivate a positive organizational culture
Without a strong cultural foundation, organizations can falter. Building a culture that’s grounded in living your company values and focused on providing a positive employee experience – all while driving performance – sets the stage for good employee relations. The addition of smart policies and practices as well as employee development and training will lead to higher employee productivity, satisfaction, engagement, and retention.
Sometimes this can be easier said than done… and that’s where we come in.
Need help with your employee relations?
Maintaining a productive and safe work environment
Creating and maintaining a positive, productive, and safe work environment is critical for the future of your organization. To do this effectively, you need to have policies and practices in place that make sense for your organization, are legally compliant, and understood and followed by all employees.
We can help by:
- Creating, reviewing, or augmenting your employee handbook. Request a handbook quote today!
- Conducting customized Workplace Harassment Training (offered as in-person or online training) to help protect your employees and your liability
- Leading unbiased, independent Workplace Investigations, obtaining statements, and making evidence-based recommendations for further action
Is your employee handbook non-existent or out-of-date?
Don’t worry! We can create or update your handbook to ensure it protects your employees and your business.
Nurturing your organizational culture
Your company culture reflects the shared values and beliefs that drive your internal norms and acceptable behaviors, and it sets the tone for your employees’ overall experience in your organization. It impacts their motivation, commitment to their work, and how they interact with their peers, company leaders, clients/customers, and your organization overall.
The interesting thing about organizational culture is that it will exist whether you put time and effort into shaping it. You can choose to carefully nurture a culture that drives the success of your organization, or you can allow it to have a life of its own that may not lead in a positive direction.
We can support your culture strategy by:
- Conducting Employee Surveys (i.e., new hire surveys, onboarding surveys, engagement surveys, pulse surveys) and Focus Groups to assess employee satisfaction and engagement
- Identifying retention solutions to improve turnover and employee morale
- Formulating community relations / corporate social responsibility programs
- Organizing recreational, social, and community service events
- Developing employee recognition programs
- Designing and executing strategies to properly manage absenteeism and termination
Is your company culture helping or hurting you?
If you’re not sure, maybe it’s time to assess your employee engagement and satisfaction.
Investing in Employee Training & Development
Investing in your employees’ training and development will not only help you to meet the demands of your business and organizational goals, but it will also play a key role in strengthening your employee relations and employee retention.
We offer a wide array of customized training & development solutions, including:
- Multilevel Supervisor Training Series designed for both new and experienced managers and supervisors providing them with the education and resources to be successful.
- Team Building and Development training solutions to build a collaborative workforce
- Assessment Tools to help identify strengths and areas of opportunity for the development of employees
- Career Coach services delivering outplacement support
- Coaching and Counseling Toolkit to educate and support your managers and employees on proper conflict resolution techniques in order to avoid escalation and legal impacts on your company
Visit our Training & Development Services for more!
Looking for customized training?
We offer training on a wide variety of topics that can be customized for your organization. If we don’t have what you need, our HR experts will create it for you!
Managing Employee Relations with Virtual HR Solutions
If a lack of resources is the only thing holding you back from being an HR superstar, we have the perfect answer for you.
Our Virtual HR Solutions is a comprehensive suite of online tools & resources available 24/7 to help you manage your HR compliance and employee relations, along with on-demand access to HR experts via phone/email/chat.
A few of the Virtual HR tools include:
- Self-guided Handbook Wizard that walks you through step by step to build your own employee handbook
- Templates to create your own employee satisfaction survey, engagement survey, or pulse survey
- Guides to help you with everything from conflict management, performance management, benefits compliance, and HR administration to identifying and preventing workplace harassment
- Customizable HR forms and letters
Visit Virtual HR Solutions to learn more!
Want a sneak peek at our Virtual HR Solutions?
Here’s what our clients say…
“I had a very good experience working with our strategic HR inc. consultant. We were relieved when she would come to work because she was a great resource when it came to personnel issues. We appreciate her expertise in human resources!”
strategic HR inc. is always responsive, helpful, and provides great insight. They have great knowledge of HR and have taken the time to get to know our team and the different projects we have on-going. The strong teamwork at strategic HR is felt by our team and we are very happy to work with your organization.”
“I’m sitting on the airplane right before departure on my way back to Israel, thinking about the journey we took together in the last 3 weeks, from concept to delivery, knowing that I wouldn’t change anything if I had to do it again. And you are a great part of it.
I want to thank you for a great team building, on your ability to customize according to the need, your great idea around the evaluation test as a tool to modify the content and to maximize the outcome, and to engage the team, and for your professional approach and presentation skills. Looking forward to working with you in the future, as follow-up for this session and more.”
“Our strategic HR inc. consultants did a very good job of making everyone feel comfortable and getting all involved. We have some pretty reserved people on our team who seemed to open up and participate freely.”