When you think of the types of organizations that emphasize workplace health, safety, and security, what types of companies come to mind? Manufacturing facilities? Office environments? Restaurants? Construction? It’s a trick question – organizations across all industries should be focused on providing a healthy, safe, and secure environment for their employees, customers, and vendors.
What is HR’s role in health, safety, and security?
Human Resources should provide processes, procedures, programs, and training that help to minimize or eliminate your workplace safety and security risks, ensure recordkeeping compliance with OSHA standards, and foster the overall health and well-being of your employees.
Need help with workplace health, safety, and security?
Developing or Improving Processes, Procedures, and Programs
strategic HR inc. can help you to develop or improve your processes, procedures, or programs to mitigate or eliminate workplace safety and security risks. Sample projects we’ve completed for clients include:
- Analyzing and developing a formal safety program.
- Formulating processes and procedures to address safety and security concerns (i.e., illegal substances, COVID-19, workplace violence, and more).
- Implementing and enhancing employee wellness programs.
Health, Safety & Security Training:
Providing accurate and engaging training is critical to ensure that your employees understand and follow your organization’s rules and expectations. Our HR experts can customize training to meet your specific needs. We offer in-person training at the location of your choice as well as virtual live training and e-learning modules. Some examples of our safety and security training include:
- Workplace Harassment Training to ensure that your employees have the necessary knowledge, tools, and resources to protect themselves as well as your company’s liability.
- Active Shooter Training to prepare your employees for the unthinkable.
- E-learning Programs including Workplace Harassment and Abusive Conduct Prevention, Drug-free Workplace, DOT: Reasonable Suspicion of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Workplace Violence Prevention & Active Shooter Training, and more.
Looking for safety-related training?
Health, Safety & Security Compliance
Ensuring your compliance with health, safety, and security regulations and standards is important for the protection of your employees and your business. strategic HR inc. can assist you by:
- Providing resources to ensure recordkeeping compliance, including OSHA forms and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Managing your workers’ compensation.
- Developing your Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan to ensure compliance as well as continuity of operations.
Here’s what our clients say…
“strategic HR worked with our team to create Covid-19 tracking as we experienced numerous cases in the early stages. To reduce our high turnover, our strategic HR consultant was able to coordinate with 4 staffing agencies to help keep our plant running. She was also vital in gathering data for all of our rosters to understand where we stood as a company. I cannot thank her enough for the support she provided and we would not be as far along without her efforts.
I am pleased to say we are currently running at a high efficiency, with very little turnover, and an excited and engaged workforce. I would highly recommend strategic HR to any company requiring a knowledgeable, hardworking, and pleasant HR partner.”
“strategic HR inc. was able to turn on a dime and present harassment training for my team at Miami Valley CAP. We enjoyed the presentation, and the materials really clicked for our team. It’s a pleasure to work with the engaging staff at strategic HR inc.”