I keep hearing people mention the DiSC assessment. What is a DiSC Assessment and what is it used for?
DiSC is the leading personal assessment tool used by over 1 million people every year to improve work productivity, teamwork and communication. This assessment is used worldwide in thousands of organizations of all sizes, major governmental agencies, non-profits, and Fortune 500 companies. The DiSC assessment:
- Acts as a springboard for conversation and team building
- Improves employee and workplace communication
- Helps you to understand people who aren’t like you — or are too much like you
- Reduces conflict and avoids misunderstandings
If you participate in a DiSC program, you’ll be asked to complete a series of questions about your everyday typical behavior. This assessment produces a detailed report about your personality and behavior.
DiSC also provides a common language that people can use to better understand themselves and to adapt their behaviors with others — within a work team, a sales relationship, a leadership position, or other relationships.
Uses of DiSC products include:
- Leadership & Executive Development
- Management Training
- Sales Training
- Conflict Management
- Customer Service
- Job Coaching
DiSC profiles help you and your team:
- Increase your self-knowledge: how you respond to conflict, what motivates you, what causes you stress, and how you solve problems
- Improve working relationships by recognizing the communication needs of team members
- Facilitate better teamwork and teach productive conflict
- Develop stronger service skills by identifying internal/external customer styles
- Manage more effectively by understanding the dispositions and priorities of employees and team members
strategic HR inc. has a team of trained facilitators that can work with you to integrate DiSC into your talent development programs. Let us know what you need or if you have any other training needs by visiting our Training and Development page to learn how we can help you implement a successful training program.
Thank you to Sandra Vogel for writing this week’s article. Sandra is a Global Talent Development Facilitator, Coach, and Speaker and owner of Vogel Class Concepts, Inc. To contact Sandra, her number is (513) 932-9439 or at email@example.com.