Date(s) - 08/15/17
7:30 am - 11:30 am
strategic HR, inc.
Things Every Manager Should Know
Do you have managers/supervisors new to their role, or that would benefit from supervisory basics training? You have promoted them, but do they know how to “manage” people? This program will provide your supervisor/manager with valuable skills and knowledge to be successful, as well as serve your company’s best interest.
The number of attendees will be kept to a small group to promote a highly interactive training experience that allows the manager to discuss real issues they experience and how to handle it. This is a session of the basics that are critical for your supervisors to understand for a solid foundation to be a successful manager. Your supervisor/manager with leave with valuable skills and knowledge to be successful, as well as serve your company’s best interest.
7:30 am – 8:00 am
- Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:00 am – 11:30 am
- Successful Transition From Peer to Manager
- It’s an exciting time – a new position, lots to celebrate; but, what will this mean for my former peers? Can we still be friends? Is it going to be weird – I got the job over them! We’ll discuss how to most successfully handle the transition.
- Management and Ethics
- As a manager you are held to a higher standard. What does that mean? What is appropriate, what is not?
- Legal Compliance Overview
- As the front-line supervisor, you are the first line of contact for your employees, and you are the first line of defense for the company. There are legal compliance issues that you need to know, but you can’t possibly know everything! You’ll learn the red flags to recognize when you need to take further action or get HR involved.
- Performance Management and Coaching
- Performance Management is critical for you to be successful as a manager and for your employees to be successful as well. You’ll learn the value of performance management and how to effectively coach your employees to be top performers. You’ll practice coaching and learn the basics of how to document appropriately.
This session has been filled. We are creating a wait list in case someone cancels or we get enough interested in offering a second class. If you want added to wait list, please call Kathy Brooks at 513-697-9855 or email at Kathy@strategicHRinc.com. She will take your information by phone.
This event is fully booked.